Racers Set Free is attempting to reach not only the racing and motorcycle communities in Billings, but also the Southside neighborhood in which they are meeting.
Several outreach events are being planned for this summer. Congratulations to Racers Set Free for a successful launch!
Outdoorsmen Church, South Missoula
Four families make up the core group that work on and have been praying for the new launch of the OC South. Three of these families came to know the Lord through the ministry of Outdoorsmen Church. These families understand the vision and DNA of Outdoorsmen Church and are passionate about carrying out the vision and mission.
The need of a new church in Missoula became evident when Pastor Mark realized that 90% of the current body of OC West came from Frenchtown even though the church is located at the edge of Missoula. The other 10% that live in Missoula had an increasingly difficult time convincing their friends to come to OC West.
Over 90 people came to the launch of Outdoorsmen Church South Missoula on March 30. The new church has had attendance of 45-50 the following two weeks, with nine new families attending more than once. Of those people, some have been individuals that we ministered to seven or eight years ago but had lost contact with. Others are people who do not know Christ and are looking for answers. Others who have attended have not been in church for 40 years but thought they would try this new church. It is these kinds of stories that make all of us excited about what God is doing.
Capstone Church, Helena
Capstone Church officially began weekly worship services on Easter Sunday, April 16. With nearly 60 in attendance, Pastor Groteluschen informed the audience about Capstone’s vision to reach Helena with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Following a service filled with worshipful music and a sermon centered on the resurrection of Christ, Capstone hosted an Easter egg hunt just outside their meeting place. Capstone currently meets at Exploration Works, a “children’s science museum” in the heart of historic downtown Helena.
The launch follows a series of monthly preview services along with community service projects that have helped the Capstone team make relationships and connect in their community. Pray for their continued ministries in Helena.
Church of the Rockies, Bridger
Church of the Rockies is a 2 1/2 year old multi-site rural church with three campuses. On Easter Sunday there were over 450 people in attendance at the Easter Egg Hunt in Bridger. Combined attendance at the three different campuses of Red Lodge, Roberts, and Bridger was 258. We estimate that COTR shared the gospel with 650-700 people on Easter weekend.
There were 104 in attendance at the inaugural worship service in Bridger. The new church currently meets at the Bridger Elementary School.
Besides starting a new church in Bridger, there are lots of other great things going on with COTR. Easter Sunday was also the launch of a new children’s ministry at the Red Lodge campus. On Sunday, April 23, COTR will celebrate a church planting partnership with Darryl Brunson and his family who are starting a new church in Livingston. COTR has several people waiting to be baptized! Pastor Lee Merck states, “I really feel as though missions and church planting are taking root in the DNA of Church of the Rockies.”
Gateway Church, Columbia Falls
Gateway Church hosted a preview Easter Service at Glacier Gateway Elementary School in Columbia Falls, MT. With the help of their mother church Easthaven Baptist in Kalispell, they had 180 in attendance. Ten families indicated they wanted to be plugged into Gateway's missional community groups.
You might also be interested in...
MTSBC Church Starting Page